- CAS: 57116-45-7
- Molecular Formula: C20H33N3O7
- Appearance: Clear, slight yellow liquid with amine-like odor
- Aziridine Content: 6.5-7.3 meq/g
- Aziridine Functionality: 3.3
- Density (at 25ºC): 1.155-1.175 g/ml
- Viscosity (at 25ºC): <4000 cp
PZE-1000 is an ethylene imine based tri-functional polyaziridine (XAMA® 7 equivalent) that is used as a crosslinker for both aqueous and non-aqueous coatings, inks, and adhesives to promote both physical and chemical properties.
With the highest level of functionality at 3.3, it yields the highest level of cross-link density of polyfunctional aziridines.
The aziridine end groups can react with active hydrogen as found on carboxyl groups of acrylic emulsions or polyurethane dispersions. PZE-1000 also has a hydroxyl group, which allows it to dispersion readily into aqueous systems.